P4 2.8 HT 800FSB Prescott (1Mb Cache) tempreture

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad-dog

Baseband Member
i got Abit IC7-MAX3 and P4 2.8 HT 800FSB Prescott i wanted to know what should be its usuall tempreture because my motherboard reads 50 almost always under heavy load or under idle maybe sometime 49 - 52 but never more unless i OC it to 3.1 than i get a reading of 53 - 55 i wanted ot know if 49 - 52 is normal and what is the maximum tempreture that i can pull P4 to ?

ok, well yea 49-52 is alittle high. Thats about 120 degrees F. Even alittle more. What type of CPU Fan do u have? THe CPU usally shuts off at like 65 degrees. So if i were u, i would try to fix this..

I have put my Mobo to beep like hell on 65c and shutdown on 75c i have the Intel fan that came in the box version it never goes above 52 usually holds 50.

I dont know the max temp on Prescotts, but I know they run DAMN hot. According to this HSF review (for Prescotts), its not uncommon for stock cooling to exceed 65C.

my northwood runs really hot too... even with water cooling it can get up to 85 somtimes... (F)

That means that my cooling is real good if that 50 with the stock FAN (my father never will buy better FAN) ohh hehe they used the same mobo i used for the test thats cool

I can waste my money on water cooling the only reason i don't see it is 50c always i have no problem with it i mean nothing happens no sudden restarts or something i just wondered if the temp is fine i don't have any problems with it unless if it will be lower so it will work faster than i'll waste my 100 bucks on water cooling but i prefer not to :)

about the Fan it would cost me less to buy water cooling here from thermaltake than shipping from the US because i'm in israel it costs about 15$ and more to ship it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom