Windows Vista Beta 2 Available for Public Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after the Long awated time period of waiting for MS to do this, I figure Vista is going to be on my PC (Well for a while, this way I can see if it supports VB.NET 2003 and if it is worth my Money)

Hey yall does anyone know if MS is going to Release a VB (Not Visual Studio) .NET 2005 Package, all I can see on their Website is Visual Studio, and Right now I only Know Basic, I dont care about J or C# (Though C++ sounds fun) and I dont Like ASP, I sitck to HTML. I DONT WANT TO PAY $1000 or $500 for something that I am only going to use 1/4 of.

Can I install all my games and applications on this OS? and they will work fine? Do we get to keep it after the time is up, or do we have to buy Vista?

Okay this will only activate for 2 weeks. That is with the serial that the M$ site gives you. Unless you know a official tester and can get their serial you wont be able to use it more than 2 weeks.

Also there is a timebomb on this. It wont work after Februaru 1,2007. After that Vista wont work anymore. So no you cant continue to use it. The 32 bit and the 64 bit are different file sizes. The 32 bit is 3.5GB and the 64 bit is just over 4GB.

Other than that i have heard that some games install but have problems. With only being able to use it for 2 weeks i dont see the sense in trying to install games since you will be formatting and reinstalling in 14 days anyways.

I read on another forum it is a 1 year 'lease' that will automatically end on the 30th April 2007. But they also said older builds had problems with SATA drives.

Direct link to 32bit version:download.windowsvista.com/dl/preview/beta2/en/x86/iso/vista_5384.4.060518-1455_winmain_beta2_x86fre_client-LB2CFRE_EN_DVD.iso

And 64 bit: http://download.windowsvista.com/dl...nmain_beta2_x64fre_client-LB2CxFRE_EN_DVD.iso

(I am going to download 64bit me thinks.

Thanks, Mentali$T.

Maybe it will be downloaded by the time I get home from work.

I'm thinking of popping my old 40gig ATA drive in my comp and installing this on it. Sound like a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom