Intel Celeron D 3.2Ghz
1.5 Gigz Ram
nVIDA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
430 W PSU

i upgraded from

.5 Gigz Ram
ATI Radeon Express 200 on bored video
300 W psu

The difference is awsome. before my upgrades Oblivion lagged all the time and combat pretty much sucked, even at the LOWEST setting for EVERYTHING.

now i can play it efectevly-flawlessly with sight distance maxed and other things mid-ranged or higher. someone claimed this setup wouldnt work because of the Celeron, bah. i just played proof it does work. at least for my needs. whoot.

now i can play it efectevly-flawlessly with sight distance maxed and other things mid-ranged or higher. someone claimed this setup wouldnt work because of the Celeron, bah. i just played proof it does work. at least for my needs. whoot.

Good for you :)

Sounds excellent Demortix! :)
While Celerons aren't the fastest procs out there, a Celeron D can still handle itself in games okay. It's the exact same technology that powered the older style Pentium 4 procs ~3 years ago. I guess my point is that games still run on Celerons, it's just a slower proc. People that bash it just don't seem to be able to understand that.

Well, my point was it works good. People asked me to tell how gaming went on a Celron, so i did.

Sure, you can play games on better settings with a Celeron D over Celeron.

But that's because they have more cache/FSB than the older model.

But wait 3 months after hardcore gaming, you'll have to buy a new Celeron D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom