3-Way ATI CrossFire: Double Graphics, Single Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
******** the 7900s can support AA and HDR. Get w/ the program here. Also none of them are more bang for your buck. Its all rediculous. And you guys still dont understand what im saying. This Crossfire business is all fine and dandy, but if you have an Nvidia card and want that ATI setup youhave to upgrade or change out everything. Its rediculous.

P.P. Mguire said:
This Crossfire business is all fine and dandy, but if you have an Nvidia card and want that ATI setup youhave to upgrade or change out everything. Its rediculous.

Hi, welcome to the world of technology.

I have an ATi Radeon 9700 Pro, on AGP 8x. If I want a current-generation card, I'd have to get a new motherboard and a new video card... I'D HAVE TO CHANGE OUT EVERYTHING OMG. Seriously, that is the way it is in the computing world. Want a Conroe processor? You have to buy a new motherboard and a new processor, and in my case a new video card as likely no AGP motherboards will be produced for Conroe. That would be, well, changing out everything in your eyes, and that's seemingly impossible.

If you want new technology or a different setup, you have to make sure your system is compatible with it. I'm not about to jam an Athlon 64 processor in my 478 board... I have to upgrade my motherboard first, and likely video card with that as well. As somebody who owns a computer, you should understand this concept of technology...

You have no argument here on this one...

Yea but you havent spent as much as i have. I have a dual core system w/ the top of the line AGP card where as you dont. For you its easy to sit back and say yea no problem to upgrading but to me ive pretty much already got alot and yet ill need to get new **** again just to do this. If i want phisics that bad then ill just buy a PPU.

P.P. Mguire said:
******** the 7900s can support AA and HDR. Get w/ the program here. Also none of them are more bang for your buck. Its all rediculous. And you guys still dont understand what im saying. This Crossfire business is all fine and dandy, but if you have an Nvidia card and want that ATI setup youhave to upgrade or change out everything. Its rediculous.

he meant run hdr+aa at the same time.. as of now, nvidia can't do that.. and that is pretty crazy if you ask me

and the 7950gx isnt as good as the gx2, the gx was the one for the dell renegade and that didnt go into production for the consumers as the gx2 did.. and you can't even compare the gx2 yet because it has really crappy drivers!! just wait until it actually had good drivers.. it'll blow the crap out of all the competition

The General said:
Nope, certainly sounds like one (1) x1900xt kicks the crap out of a 7950GT. "The" is singular. And there is no such thing as a 7950GT. Nor is there a 7950GX.

And I really doubt that two x1900xt's in crossfire can handle a 7950GX2, maybe two x1900xtx's. But we're talking about x1900xt's.

FFS can you not guess that by 7950GX i meant the 7950GX2.

I agree with mbgold2, ATi are much more flexible than Nvidia. Thats why I wont be going for SLi but Crossfire.

P.P. Mguire said:
Yea but you havent spent as much as i have. I have a dual core system w/ the top of the line AGP card where as you dont. For you its easy to sit back and say yea no problem to upgrading but to me ive pretty much already got alot and yet ill need to get new **** again just to do this. If i want phisics that bad then ill just buy a PPU.

....nevermind.

P.P. Mguire said:

lol, what we are saying is that its new technology. Just cos they have released it doesnt mean you have to go out and buy it does it!? Its just like Intel are bringing out there Conroe cpu's soon so does that mean you are going to say, "what makes them think im going to go out and buy that" no, i doubt you will but its the same principle. Just cos you dont want it doesnt mean the rest of the world about to upgrade wont!!!

Mentali$T said:
lol, what we are saying is that its new technology. Just cos they have released it doesnt mean you have to go out and buy it does it!? Its just like Intel are bringing out there Conroe cpu's soon so does that mean you are going to say, "what makes them think im going to go out and buy that" no, i doubt you will but its the same principle. Just cos you dont want it doesnt mean the rest of the world about to upgrade wont!!!

well... for retards like me that have nothing to do with their money... i keep buying crap.. but i actually think i'm done for a while.. unless my friend comes through with the cheap 7950 gx2... ya, im' just gonna buy some little things now... hopefully..

Eagleboy said:
....nevermind.

Do you think he will ever realize that when ATI make decision's they not asking them selves what would P.P. Mguire buy.

P.P. Mguire Eagleboy never said YOU should upgrade he said that there are people out there that are ready to upgrade and there no reason ATI should not be releasing new technology for those people.

It not about you..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom