Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think only Intel controlled benchmarks have been allowed so far. I don't think 3rd party benchmarks/reviews are out yet, mostly because they haven't received the chips from intel yet.

I agree Conroe slaughters it. THis is the part I read though and really am curious to see what does happen cause more then likely it will.

The problem then becomes what happens after Dell and HP have eaten their lunch, unfortunately the concern is that aggressive pricing won't be enough to reduce retail demand for Conroe. What we're worried about happening is a very small supply of Conroes on the retail market in late Q3/early Q4, resulting in much higher street prices than what you see in the table above. In the worst case scenario for Intel, Conroe's limited retail availability could result in a price to performance ratio equal to or worse than AMD's Athlon 64 X2.

Thats why I'm ordering one the day it goes for sale. And to get a good stepping as well :) Even though I wont be able to use it for a while till I get enough cash to get a new motherboard and RAM, I will know that I have like a 99.9% chance to get a sweet stepping.

I read that article, and it made it seem as though there weren't going to be enough processors out to meet demand? What's the general concensus on that? Should I preorder or what?

I read that article, and it made it seem as though there weren't going to be enough processors out to meet demand? What's the general concensus on that? Should I preorder or what?

it almost always happens with the release of something like this. think of how hard people found it to get a 7900gt. at the time of release generally manufacturing is not at its highest rate so there is normally a shortage initially but within 6 months at the most problems should be sorted out. if you look at Intel's history it wouldn't be the first time it has happened (i'm not saying AMD hasn't had the problem either, Intel just has more famous examples).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom