Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommonCents

Solid State Member
ok guys i'm having serious issues. I installed Norton System Works 2006 and now my computer is all F'd up! after the windows logo loads the screen goes black. the hard drive light is flashing but nothing happens. i ran a HD dia. and my first HD passed but the 2nd failed. my OS is on my C drive so i'm assuming i dont have to reinstall that. so then i turned off my 2nd HD and it worked fine. so what are my options. i'm hoping i can get my info off my 2nd HD or repair it in so way. any help please?

correction. i finally got it to boot up but now the F drive(its a 250 GB HD divided into two partitions: F and G) isnt being seen. i can see the G. what do i do now

error i'm getting: unable to access drive F. Volume does not contain recongnized file system

is there anything on those 2 partitions? go to start, run, type diskmgmt.msc and see if you can see the drives

yea its reading it, but it has a hard time reading data on the F partiion. i was playing around last night and downloaded Active Undelete Demo so see if any files were still on it. i could see the file on it but for some reason when i go to click on it under my computer i get the error i mentioned above. when i go to properties the File System is RAW. not for sure what that means

if push comes to shove i might have to by the Full Version but i'm hoping i dont have to

Sometimes, the volume fails in such a way that it becomes RAW. In most cases the failure will be associated with a sudden reboot (per power failure or the STOP error). Several causes are possible: partition table, LDM database, or the volume boot sector corruption, or (on the NTFS volume) when certain records in both MFT and MFT mirror are damaged beyond easy recognition.

http://www.z-a-recovery.com/art-raw-filesystem.htm

I managed to get it to work. the Windows checkdisk kept coming up and eventually the computer booted up and i was able to read the files. it still runs the chckdisk everytime i boot up so i'm not really not forsure if that willl stop, but i saved ALOT of my stuff and thats all that matters. thanks

also, if i move my info from F to F and format the F partition will that repair anything?

ok thanks i'll do that.

its strange because i was trying to reinstall my norton internet security and ended up reinstalling the whole Norton stuff again and everything is working?? i moved my music to another folder so hopefully it'll hold up until this weekend when i pick up some DVD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom