Partitioning question. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli680

Beta member
Alright here is the thing. I have a Triple boot computer right now with 2 hard drives. Master hard drive is 120 gig with one partition with win 2k on it the slave 80gig has 2 partitions on it one with xp and the other with win 2k AS. XP is the default boot. Some problems happened with my system durring a crash and now i have to always start my system with an xp disk in my cd drive. Well to my question, I want to download partition magic on xp and format the entire first drive with 2k on it. Then in turn install xp on the newly formated and partitioned hard drive. after that i want to just delete the win dir's on both other partitions on my slave drive. In turn leaving my system multi boot free and having the master drive be the boot drive again without having to format the slave drive as well. Is this possible, or will i run into a boot.ini error after formatting the master drive even though the slave is the boot. Any input will help a lot. I am planning on doing this soon and would like some help or suggestions.

Thanks for the help.

I read it twice I hope I understand what it is you want to do. You are going to format both OS partition's on the one drive. So you don't need partition magic to do this. Just boot from the xp cd and partition it in there, (delete all partitions first) Just select how big you want it and format and install it to that partition, After that's done just boot to the w2k cd and format and install it on the remaining space..Done! Now the only problem I can see you having is with the second hdd, Here's how I see it. Format that it in computer management from a windows environment and format it NTFS (you could just leave it as it is as well) and as long as you keep normal (no bitmap images and such) files and folders. you won't even notice a difference when going from one OS to the Other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom