AT's Review of Conroe 2.93ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to buy an E6600 as soon as they are available for purchase. For two reasons. 1. Hopefully I will get something decent that will be a great overclocker. 2. I want to get one before they are all sold out, even if I wont have the hardware to use it right away.

Yikes!!!!! I'm selling off my AMD's and saving for the Conroe. Poor AMD. They really dropped the ball by not completely reworking their cPU architecture. In late 2007 you can bet that AMD will do something spectacular, I'll bet! And then I'll be going back to the AMD side again!

Im also nabbing one of those the moment they come out, even if i have to wait 3 months before i can use.

no the Pentium D isn't the Conroe.

the conroe are the processors with the E or X in front of them..like E6600 or X6800

RicoDirenzo said:
Yikes!!!!! I'm selling off my AMD's and saving for the Conroe. Poor AMD. They really dropped the ball by not completely reworking their cPU architecture. In late 2007 you can bet that AMD will do something spectacular, I'll bet! And then I'll be going back to the AMD side again!

Just remember that that's an intel optimized and controlled review. All the AT reviewer could do was push buttons, they couldn't look at the setup at all. It might not blow the AMD's outta the water like expected. But I'm sure it'll be great value for performance.

you can defend AMD all you want but it's not going to help them, we'll see if perf really changes when conroe is released

I thought I read that they got a Conroe processor and did all the tests on their own and it wasn't in an Intel controlled environment. The previous benchmarks that they had were, but those ones were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom