3-Way ATI CrossFire: Double Graphics, Single Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.
"a card that doesnt exist" and what was that? i meant the 7950gx, would think u would realise that. i understand wat u mean mguire but ATi's take on the phsyx is much better than the pci cards.

P.P. Mguire said:
You dont understand what im saying. I have an nF3 ultra w/ X2 3800+, 7800GS why would i want to switch out everything to ATI when i can just buy a PPU? Its something great for ATI users, but for Nvidia users its a massive change and waste of money.
I have a Ford Focus

Jaguar releases a new "low-end" car which is very comparable to the Focus, and costs maybe 50% more than my Focus, but is more fun to drive as well. At this point, I have a Focus that works quite well, and is still very fun to drive. Why should I buy a new car? I won't. Maybe I'll install a turbo in my Focus instead.

However, if I have a Geo-Metro or no car at all, I would definitely look into getting the new Jaguar.

Just because you have an Nvidia setup and other people do as well doesn't mean that it is worthless for ATi to invest in new technology and come out with new ideas. Nobody's asking you to upgrade or change systems or bend over backwards to please ATi - ATi is simply putting new technology and new options out there for consumers. If I had the cash to drop, I'd likely get this setup because I currently have an AGP 8x ATi Radeon 9700Pro 128mb. This setup would be worlds better than what I have (The Geo-Metro of the computing world).

Mentali$T said:
This is a really good view of it.
http://www.ati.com/technology/cross...omputex_2006_Crossfire_Press_Presentation.pdf
The X1900XT kicks the crap out of the 7900GT and 7950GT :p

Nope, certainly sounds like one (1) x1900xt kicks the crap out of a 7950GT. "The" is singular. And there is no such thing as a 7950GT. Nor is there a 7950GX.

And I really doubt that two x1900xt's in crossfire can handle a 7950GX2, maybe two x1900xtx's. But we're talking about x1900xt's.

It's 599.99 on newegg. And if by "Basic" you mean top-of-the-line. Then yes. It will cost that much.

"Basic" gaming computers don't have 4 videocards, I'm sorry. Nor do they have the top-of-the-linux video card, or CPU. Nor do they have a physics card.

I have normally been a NVIDIA person but ATI stuff is just more flexible currently. If I am buying the top of the top line I want the max of the max graphics. None of NVIDIA cards support HDR + AA. ATI does.

SLI can be in dual video or performance or quality or physics mode. Not more then one of those modes at once.

The new Crossfire setup can do the quality/performance and the physics at the same time. Crossfire is simply more bang for your buck compare too SLI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom