MAC vs. PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
chris32680 said:
i don't understand why you have to pay soooo much more for a computer that you can't build, upgrade, or repair yourself. i guess its the pretty cases they come in....

You get what you pay for. If you want that $399.99 Dell that comes with a "free DVD burner upgrade" then be my guest. You would be hard-pressed to find a "PC" laptop that has the same specs as a Macbook Pro, for a lesser price. The IBM Thinkpads come close on specs, and are about a grand more in cost.

As for upgradability. Pull out harddrive, put new in. Pretty simple. The only one that you can't open with a screw drive is the Mac Mini (and maybe the Macbook white/black). All others, Open with a screw driver. Add more ram. It's pretty freaking simple.

And if you want to talk about "pretty" cases, maybe you should have a look at the "PC" case selection on www.newegg.com

They all look like voltron, and they all have stupid flashy glowing lights. Sound pretty "pretty" to me.

The General said:
And if you want to talk about "pretty" cases, maybe you should have a look at the "PC" case selection on www.newegg.com

They all look like voltron, and they all have stupid flashy glowing lights. Sound pretty "pretty" to me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112022

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112083

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119072

I can't find Voltron!
There are very very good looking and well-built PC cases out there if you use the search function on Newegg...

You're missing the point. He's saying that maybe they cost more because of the pretty cases. As if there aren't "pretty cases" for "PCs." And that that might be the soul reason they cost more.

Why do you always make an effort to try and prove someone wrong? This is the 5th time you've done that to me.

Great, you found 3 cases. That does NOT change the fact that there are clear acryilic cases with flashy low-rider Honda-car ricer 31337 n00b cases w/ LED fans. And that they spend lots of money on it.

Oooo, My case has a window in the side. That makes it faster. That makes it more productive. That makes it more stable.

"Bias Posessed..."

tommyboy123x said:
[rant]
im sorry, but i HATE apple computers. Their iPods are different... still junky, but they got the microsoft monopoly on them :p

but im not just saying this... it really bothers me when people think apples are better than PC's. Sure, their faster... but lets see... i can change attributes in a matter of seconds, how fast does it take you to move your deathly slow mouse up to the "file" and then down to "get info"? Apples are only better for people who don't understand computers. Like the apple commercials... they pray on those stupid people. i really want microsoft to come back and just have this even cooler dude be like "there you are Windows ME!! im sorry, you have to forgive him... he thinks he's the latest and best PC's have to offer....".... or osmething like that just to shut apple up.

everything that is more than just at the surface, like moving files, is INCREADIBLY hard on a mac... no, tedius is a better word. For example, trying to cut a file.... move the mouse, get the "edit", click "cut"... or use the little shortcut, but then everyone tries to use ctrl instead of the ? (apple) key. Trying to burn images... much slower with a crappy hard drive/cd drive that is increadibly hard to upgrade (on the new mainstream G5's (iMac). My PC burns and reads images in a matter of minutes... on my apple, 2 hours for a 4 gig DVD!! Just as i thought it was done... it starts "checking" the surface... i think its just quicker to burn it, test it, and if it doesnt work, reburn it! yeah, you can't change that with apple. and dont get me started on the whole "the delete key doesnt delete a file" thing.......

consistancy, one thing that people need in order to master the use of anything. Whether its navigation on a web page, something stupid (like having standard doorway sizes), or whatever! apple has NONE with their operating system... hmm... how do i install this application? well i know of about 20 different ways.

bootcamp... lets see... a computer that is less than a pc... lets make it even worse by letting ourselves be directly compared to a pc!!

ha, bad quote, but you get it
[/rant]

Apple has its advantages, and these few to me are enough to make me want to HAVE an apple (via PearPC), but i just hate them... feel free to disagree and point out errors, w/e, but i just plain hate using the apple OS.

nonetheless... if hes going to get a laptop, he should choose. I have many friends who i converted, cause they plaid my games and saw how cheap a gaming PC is...

bottom line: if hes gaming, get a PC laptop, if other, get the apple... but let him know what hes getting into
This post just proves my point. People who don't like Macs are just biased to high heaven, and will not take the time to figure out something new.:rolleyes:

OBVIOUSLY a person's first impression of a computer is going to be the most lasting one, therefore you only hate macs because your first comp was a PC. (And i dont just mean a comp you used at the library or at college, but YOUR OWN first computer was a PC, and this just prooves it.)

This **** is getting on my nurves a little bit.... I'm getting anoyed with people, who bash Apple just because they don't know how to type on a Mac Keyboard, or cant find the right click button. According to these people, having a start menu at the top of a screen is what make Macs suck, not anything reasonable.... :(

However, I don't mind you having your own honest opinion, but it really *****es me off when people go around telling people that "Macs suck" just because THEY don't know how to open up a folder. Now if PC users take out the time to learn something as complicated as LINUX, why is it soo hard for any of you to learn something much easier??

I'll tell you why.... You are all a bunch of fanboys... When you got your first computer, somewhere down the line some IDIOT told you that Macs just suck, and It just stuck with you. Soo much so that you didn't even know how to MOVE the mouse, let alone TURN ON A MACINTOSH!!:angry: Your brain literally shuts down at the sight of an Apple symbol. :p

It's a shame dude.... I thought you were smarter than that! lol :rolleyes: :confused: ;) :cool:

I've never had that problem. Maybe its cause you're on a Mac.

Hahaha, kidding, kidding.

Yeah these Windows people think they are so techincal and smart and stuff, but they can't even use MacOSX, lol. What a joke. I can use all three OSes effectively, therefore my opinion shouldn't be taken lightly. I also consider myself non-biased, 95% of the time I use Linux.

Yes i agree(and very well said ATIRAGEPRO) they think there all techies and stuff but if they cant understand macosx(the simplest os EVER) i fail to see how they can even start to comprehend how to use windows xp

The General said:
You're missing the point. He's saying that maybe they cost more because of the pretty cases. As if there aren't "pretty cases" for "PCs." And that that might be the soul reason they cost more.

Why do you always make an effort to try and prove someone wrong? This is the 5th time you've done that to me.

Great, you found 3 cases. That does NOT change the fact that there are clear acryilic cases with flashy low-rider Honda-car ricer 31337 n00b cases w/ LED fans. And that they spend lots of money on it.

I just do that when people make sweeping generalizations, such as "they all look like voltron".

I'm not trying to prove people wrong - I'm putting my opinion out there that there are very nice looking PC cases. By the way, opening up Newegg.com and posting links isn't really making an effort... it just takes a few moments. I'm not trying to go out of my way to prove somebody wrong, I just just make a point to provide information with my opinions.

And yes, I did miss the point about cost vs. beauty, because I apparently skipped over that post.

My point is also that some people think Apples are lame because the cases are abnormal. This is a hypocracy because there are out-of-the-ordinary PC cases too.

"V0LtRoNiAc....'

This is funny, because i modded a Mac Mboard with with an AT Case once. It fit in there perfectly because all the ports were in the same place, and you could screw it right in!:D

It was a PowerMac G3 i forgot what the case was called, but i'll look for it again. :cool:

The General said:
My point is also that some people think Apples are lame because the cases are abnormal. This is a hypocracy because there are out-of-the-ordinary PC cases too.

Okay, I see your point now - I'm sorry if my replies earlier were misconstrued in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom