Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaglez

In Runtime
Ok guys I really need help on this one,

I was just playing some COD2 yesterday and suddenly it froze and my pc went to a blue screen which read,"please restart your computer if this is the first time you have seen this screen" so i didnt want to read the rest and while holding down the power button on the bottom I saw it read,"Dumping Physical Memory"

Anyway I restarted my pc and it went to the normal screen of,"please select proper boot device, etc, etc, etc" so i restarted it and it went back to the screen. I got to the boot menu and I tried to boot from my hard drive and it went through the windows loading screen and it just restarted. Now when I go to the boot device that option isn't there anymore.PLZ HELP ME!

Boot off your windows Xp Disc, Tell it to install windows XP, it will then tell you that it detects a previous installation, It will then prompt you what to do, Hit R, it will run a repair.

Ok, ill try that. It said before when I just tried to repair it said it doesnt detect a hard drive. I hope this works :)

Also, would this be caused by a virus? Or does it sound like it just quit working?

1. Before this happened, did you always have to choose your boot device?

2. I would try to restart and enter your bios program and see if it sees the HD.

I dont know anything about bios, I never built the pc. Plus when I used to start up my pc it would go to the screen where it says reboot and select boot device but I would just press alt+ctrl+delete and it would restart and go directly to windows

Also I tried to press the"setup windows Xp" but after I pressed it it said could not detect a hard drive on this pc. Any other suggestions?

open the computer up, and verify that the IDE and the 4 pin molex are snug in their respected places.

Also if they are, try using a different molex, it could be possible that you have a short in that particular molex. Try plugging something else into the one thats plugged into the hard drive to verify the short theory or not.

Sorry but I have no clue what all of that means. Plus I dont think the problem is physical, but more virtual if you want to call it that. Something went wrong while I was playing so I'm guessing something just didnt blow because I usually played it about 4 hours a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom