help with TT tidewater

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolina

Solid State Member
hi everyone, i just got my TT tidewater today and installed it and everything. ok so now i get into a windows environment and i check the temperature and its in the 100's so i shut down and tighten the vga block even tighter and now its down to the 80's but thats way unacceptable. so i guess my question is what do i do now? i applied artic silver 5 instead of the paste it came with and im running a 6800 gt at stock speed. help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Well, heres what i would do...

Take the kit off, and return it

then go buy yourself some decent water cooling

thanks for the helpful response, i fixed it anyway. thank you once again tech forums, u've been most helpful in solving my problems.

got rid of the artic silver and put the thermal grease that it came with and it works fine. just make sure u tighten the vga block as tight as possible.

AS5 (looks like arse spelt wrong) is alot better than the **** that comes in a plastic bag.

man, i would get a flow meter on there if i were u... it increases pressure drop (which is bad) but way better than when the one pump running the system dies and your comp fries in a NY minute

If a pump dies, it will hit the shut off temperature. The only thing that you want to be wary of is water spilling out everywhere, there is no hope for the hardware then.

Edit:Are GPU's quick to shut down when the max temp is hit...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom