Acer 21 inch and white lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwayneDays

In Runtime
So I bought my acer monitor like about a year ago and just recently ive noitced their are some very seeable white lines running through it. Is their anyway to fix this?

Well, you have two options:

-Buy a new monitor
-Send it back for free warrenty service, which BTW doesn't take more than a couple weeks if you keep on the customer service line and continue to ask about the progess....

So you borrow one from a friend.

Or, you deal with not having a computer for a little while. Go outside and enjoy life.

You can either fix the problem by sending it back to get warrenty serviced, and either borrow a monitor or do without your computer for a couple weeks, or you can deal with having a shitty monitor be even shittier due to this problem that could get even worse in time.

Chances are you can find a 15" CRT monitor for sale for cheap at a garage sale or through your local newspaper. Spend like $20 and pick it up, and you have an instant back-up monitor.

Ok so anyways how can i fix this myself? considering I dont have my warranty card and it would be a huge hassle even if I did

you don't. monitors, even LCDs have alot of electricity, i think LCDs discharge faster than CRTs but they can fry you as bad as you can fry them, generally, you dont open up monitors of any kind.
your best fastest bet is to email acer, ask them if they know of any software way to fix, if not ask where the nearest service center is.
usually if its within driving range you get it back faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom