first time gentle overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was only a minor increase in voltage, and i play to upgrade so didnt see the harm. 1.40 to 1.425 wont do much damage right?

that doesn't answer the question :p. run prime95 again at 1.4v, no sense in having the voltage unnecessarily higher than it has to be.

if i carried on OC'ing till 200mhz or a little over and loosen the timings would that be ok? or should I just leave it.

if you think that everything is stable now and that the temperatures are fine there is no reason why you shouldn't keep going

ok its running at 2300Mhz now and I lowered the voltage back to 1.40 without any trouble. If I try and overclock though to a HTT at 235 then windows wont work.

but I'm running prime95 at these settings HTT 230 multiplier x10
and no problems so far. Although not sure I can push much more overclocking out of my system.

Well i ran prime95 for awhile seems ok, Im now at 233 running voltage at 1.50

you said change my multiplier from 5 to 4? its set to 10.

EDIT: oh I see got you :) ok i`ll do that later and see if I can push a little more out.

No there's another multiplier. At stock the HT multiplyer is at 5. You have to take that (5) and multiply it by the HT frequency (200) to get your HTT frequency (1000). You want to keep the HTT frequency a close to 1000 as possible. You can usually get away with 150 or a little bit more but that when it starts crashing. So in order to run at 235 you have to set it at 4 (4 X 235 = 940) as opposed to 5 X 235 = 1175:)

ok tried that, prime95 ran for 5 minutes and got an error. I dont think i can reach 235 even if i had upped the voltage.

my temps are fine CPU at 36 Celsius idle and 42 on full load.

my voltage is at 1.440.

Could it be a ram problem? its at :

Frequency = 196.1Mhz
FSB/DRAM = CPU/12
timings = 2.5 3 3 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom