Quiet Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdisney

Baseband Member
My homemade computer sounds like a tornado :eek: compared to a lot of other computers (ex. Dell, Gateway). I have a Thermaltake case now but I want to get a quieter case but still ventilated. What kind of cases do you guys have that work well and are quiet too?

Jess

i think better cable management, quiter fans/psu, and rubber feet viabration dampner things, would have the best effect, after all most of the noise produced is the air from the fans hitting stuff, the dell computers are quite cos they only have about 1 fan, so also id sugest, use less fans, and place them better

Troo dat. If you want to save money, sleeve your PSU cables, buy some rounded IDE cables, get one good 120mm fan (silenX makes a NINE DECIBEL 120mm fan, but you might want to go with the slightly louder 14dB model for sensible airflow), and you could be working a lot quieter.

By the way, what type of PSU, HSF, Case, and case fans are you using?

All I know is that it's a thermal take case. Not sure about the other components.

Well, what does the sticker on the Power Supply say? And is the Fan on the CPU the one that came with it, or did you buy it seperate? And there should be a sticker somewhere on the fan as well (if the fan is orange, most likely it came with the case)

It's all thermal take, yeah and the fans are orange too....he must have gotten a bundle deal.

well if you do want a new case, then anything by thermal take is good anyways, also check out the antec ones, silverstone, lian li, there all good, but better fans (and only a few) along with good cable mangaemtent will have the greatest effect, also down load speed fan (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download337.html), and play around with the fan speed (provinding there connect thro the mobo)

I just got my Antec P180 a few days ago and it kicks ***. Every time I walk in the room I have to walk up to my computer and bend down to tell if it's on or off. :D

I just bought a 3D Aurora, its not a very 'stylish' case [although with a little touch you can make it very stylish :p (see blow) ] but this thing is just un-hear able, even @ night its just noiseless... maaaybe if you like block you'r room for noises and only turn the PC Up you'll hear a quiet pssssss of the air flow, lol.

another two huge pluses:

its a full tower, meaning its rather HUGE so you wont run out of space, never, lol.
its cheap! probably cheaper than any other full-tower in the market.

look @ it, you might even like its looks.
-----------------------------------------------------

if you wonder "how to make it stylish though?!?!"

what im gonna do to it is add it a small side-window above and right near the passive air cooling filter on the side.

once the window is added, add him wire sleeving+some cathodes to negate the blue colors everywhere [probably green wires+red cathode]

Add him little stuff to make it pretty, like a cooler logo for the projector, I personaly added it a HardCano 9 and you could put few cool stickers on the front door lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom