What do you think about my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff8squall_41

Solid State Member
I dont think my computer is performing to its fullest...

Here are Specs:

ASUS P4P800 deluxe
P4 2.6ghz 800mhz fsb
512 mb pc3200 ram (some generic cheap brand)
ATI radeon 9800 pro 128mb
seagate baracuda 120 gig sata drive
windows xp home
cant think of anything else important, i'll edit if i need to put more on here

I got around 5000 on 3dmark, but sometimes it rockets down to very low and i have to change some settings randomly and it works again. Also in many games it has strange lag. In battlefield it sometimes chops.

Looks like a good comp to me.

My specs are in my sig, and i play both BF 1942 AND BF vietnam with everything on the highest settings without choppiness. (at least too much choppiness, hehe)

Does your 9800 Pro have 128mb of mem. or 256?

If it has 128mb of memory, then im not for sure. If it has 256mb of memory, then it may just be where the video card is so powerful, it takes a lot of RAM to power it to its fullest, therefore slowing down your system a bit.

As for your processor, I woudlnt think it would be that either, because mine is worse and it still runs OK

I use it alot for gaming, but also for web design and photoshop sometimes. The magority is gaming, however.

Let me clarify, its not really choppyness, it doesn't look like its suffering from bad graphics. Half of the time it works like it should, but the other half it skips a great number of frames (really annoying when flying) I have noticed this starting in other games as well, such simpletons as counter-strike even! I'm thinking of reformatting, but I hate going through all that pain of backing up and re-installing...

It could simply be LAG from slow servers on the internet...Try playing offline and see what happens. By the way, nice computer.

My computer isn't any better than yours, actually it's worse, and I play BF1942 at 1280x1024x32 @ 75 with high settings and it runs smooth as glass. Well, smooth as it can run. I was a little irritated that the movements in the game weren't smoother than they are, but the scenery is absolutely amazing, espicially for a game that's two years old. Also, be sure that you have all the current patches. There is only one that you need, which is 280MB and you can find it on www.fileplanet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom