Printer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares6735

Baseband Member
Well I have an HP Deskjet 648C printer that seems to be having software conflicts that my experience has not run across, so I need some help. For the past 3 years I have put up with this printer locking up* before jobs, mid jobs, and many other combos. It seems certain programs work and others have conflicts, i.e. Microsoft Word almost allways prints jobs fine from what I remember, but this Word Perfect program has jobs that cannot be more than 1 page long or it locks up*...

At first I had the printer networked and shared for 2 computers through a switch/Server computer combo and I had the problems (mainly my sisters computer for college papers) and I constantly had to delete jobs/power off the printer and then restart again. Then I moved the printer to sit directly connected to her computer and STILL it has the lockups*. I am thinking drivers, but I am unsure of how to upgrade them on one computer and not through the network for me to be able to print. Any ideas on what it is?

*Lockups for my situation means that the printer would begin its process and stop with an error light blinking either before it started or before it began a second,third,etc. page. The light that will blink when it is out of paper blinks and I cant get the printer to do anything without powering off and then back on with all jobs deleted (or I get code printed out for me).

Sometimes it helps to check in your bios in Integrated Peripherals to make sure the IDE Controller is EPP ECP or Both sometimes it is set to just EPP pr ECP and that can cause some problems depending on how old your computers are.

My computer is a custom built and it is not old, my sisters is a Dell that I picked out for her and it is only about 7 months old itself... but I could still check the BIOS, what do you think?

I guess I can look for updated drivers... but no one has any ideas of why this is happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom