Scythe CPU Cooling Fan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptic26djp

Baseband Member
I purchased the "Scythe SCNJ-1000P 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink" and have been trying to install it on my Mobo (ASUS P5WD2 Premium Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 955X ATX Intel Motherboard w/Intel Pentium D 930 Presler 800MHz FSB 2 x 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual Core Processor) and I cannot seem to figure out how in the world to make it fit. I have the Thermaltake Matrix VX VD3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case and it doesnt seem like it will fit.

Does anyone have suggestions or recommendations on how this should fit in the case?

Can you close your side panel or cant you even get the heatsink on? I have one and all i had to do was remove my side panel fan. PM me if you need to

I finally got it to go in there. I guess the main issue when building a computer from scratch and having products from so many different manufacturers...is knowing where to start and the order from there on out. I had the Mobo installed already and without decent instructions from the Scythe fan, its hard to know what exactly is required. I got it in there now and since this was my first experience with Scythe....it just took some serious thinking to get it done.

It looks great in there but I am wondering about all that weight hanging from the Mobo. Over time, will this effect the strength of the Mobo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom