Core 2 Duo Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timaphillips

In Runtime
So last I heard the 975x chipsets weren't Conroe compatible yet. Something to do with voltage adjustments needing to be made. Is this still true? I'm trying to upgrade little by little and am wondering if I can start yet since my next system will be geared for Conroe.

Some mobos claim to accept conroe with a bios flash...but I would advise waiting until conroe comes out...or a Mobo that clearly states it supports conroe comes out.

So last I heard the 975x chipsets weren't Conroe compatible yet.

If you get the correct revision number it compatible. trying to figure out if the one you buying has the correct revision number the trickey part. My advice is dont buy it unless it clearly states it compatible,

Its amazing how people keep thinking that every conroe motherboard is going to be $200 + just because the only motherboards capable of being modded to run the conroe chip are the $200 + high end models. There will be $50 conroe motherboards and there will be $300 conroe motherboards an everythink in between.

Yes, but before Conroe comes out the motherboards that support it, or claim to support it are $200. Of course there are going to be cheaper and more expensive motherboards when Conroe finally comes out.

toxicity_27 said:
Yes, but before Conroe comes out the motherboards that support it, or claim to support it are $200. Of course there are going to be cheaper and more expensive motherboards when Conroe finally comes out.

You're missing the point. There are no motherboards that support the conroe chips. A motherboard that has to be modified to use a conroe chip is not a motherboard that supports it. Techically they don't count as "conroe motherboards". They only happen to work because they have the features to mod in order to use the conroe chip, features you'd only find on high end motherboards.

That's why I added in there, ones that "claim to support it." I didn't say you didn't have to mod them or anything, but yes I understand where you're coming from, I guess my post wasn't very clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom