High CPU Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

melonabusar2

Baseband Member
My CPU Usage on my computer is unreasonably high. I have about 22 basic processes up, and it's between 25-35%. Normally, it should be around 5%, right? I only have the bare necessities, and no actual programs running. I've ran virus scans and adware scans and nothing has helped. My CPU usage USED to never be this high.

specs are
3.06ghz P4 w/ HT
512mb of ram.
120gb 7200rpm (70+gb's free)

Is it 25-35, all the time? Or like just when you open up task manager or some program, or is this pure idle

It sounds like Spyware running in the background .Even though you checked. What did you to check your system. I've seen this problem with spyware even after i used 3 programs to clean it all out but something was hiding somewhere and still draining the CPU. Just my thoughts.

gg.jpg

Barely any processes up (22) and almost 50% cpu useage... Nothing is being opened either.

spybot search and destroy is another good one, google it, download it, and run it!

sPlAtOiD said:
It sounds like Spyware running in the background .Even though you checked. What did you to check your system. I've seen this problem with spyware even after i used 3 programs to clean it all out but something was hiding somewhere and still draining the CPU. Just my thoughts.

Give me some other programs to scan with. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom