2.9, now onto 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay, after retiring from overclocking.. i came back today and managed a 2.9 ghz mark.. i'm hoping to try for 3.0, i managed to score 30 seconds flat in super pi with 2.9 ... so with anything higher i would expect 29.XX... but problem is, i can't get to 3.0... even when using dividers. My vcore is at 1.6 right now and i'm idoling at 37 degrees celcius, so i got a little bit more room left to oc, and i want to at least break to 29 seconds in super pi like xenium did! Okay the way my dividers work is different, there is no ratios in the menu.. its 400 mhz 333, 266, then like 216 or something like that... so figure out the ratio with that, 400 being 1:1. To keep this at 2.9 i had to up the voltage of my ram to 2.65 i think it was, not too sure. i just know it had a .65 in it. I tried running 3.0 with the 333, and 266 and no go, so i tried doing both of those with a voltage of 1.65, still no good! also tried with the ram at 2.65, but still a no go.. i have no idea whats up with this cpu, i just does not want to go to 3.0. I had it at 3.0 with a 1:1 ratio but it got the "missing windows files" error.. so obviously that wasnt working out.. would upping the voltage fix that problem, cuz if so i'll go for it just so i can break that super pi 30 second barrier just 1 time

Uping the voltage may fix that... I know on my last AMD build it would not go above 2.560 no matter the voltage anything above that would require 1.75V+ and it was to dangerous with the cooling I was using. Currently I have your same problem, I can't hit 3.0Ghz with my new processor, it will start at 3.0Ghz but it just wont be stable in prime... Even with the voltages maxed....

why have you not once mentioned your max temp or your cooling? you may judge it to be adequate but we may not. after all thats what a forum is for :p. 37 degrees is a pretty high idling temp considering you have a single core and i have a dual core (granted only at 2.6ghz though) and my MAX temp is about 38-39 degrees.

edit: also the higher you clock the processor the lower the maximum stable temperature will be. there is a crossover point between temperature and voltage when it comes to stability. on phase change cooling people get massive clocks basically without changing the voltage.

i'm running ddr500, so it'd have to run ddr600 for a 1:1 ratio, and i don't really know if my ram could do that.. but i was pretty sure 2:3 ratio shoulda worked if my ram can do ddr580 no problem

My G skill DDR500 goes to 287 and quits. What brand is yours and do you know what kind of chips you have? (on your ram)

yours goes to 287?

wow:)

Iv yet to see the cababilities of my G.SKILL ddr500.....Il be finding my max CPU this week and max RAM and then find the sweet spot....

Hopefully 2.8 GHZ...

I was messing around and I booted into Windows 2.9 but was not stable at all:p Just fooling round...cant wait to see what this chip does (175)

My G. Skill DDR400 (red stuff) is doing 240mhz at 2.9v stable. I'm pretty impressed..I mean 2 gig cost me like 149 or something.

It's also doing it with the stock 2.5, 3, 3, 6 timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom