My monitor has these white lines down it

Status
Not open for further replies.
DwayneDays said:
I dont have a digicam. Its the monitor not the comp yeah

How can you be sure? from what your telling it us it could quite easily be a graphic glitch (i got white bars down the side of my monitor when i first installed the Catalyst control centre).

Degaussing is basically resetting the magnetic field of the monitor and with a CRT you just choose an option off the monitor menu. Im not sure about lcd screens.

if it doesnt show up in a screenshot, it is unlikely to be the graphics card. the screen shot it just a dump of what the GPU is currently outputing. HOWEVER, as it is just happening in games, i would be inclined to believe it is a GPU issue, most probably heat. did you actually check a screenshot to see if it has lines or not?

after the screenshot, if the lines are not there, do you have another monitor you can try?

I dont understand why he cant take a screenshot from hitting ctrl-printscreen and post it. You dont need a digital camera for that.

I thought it was only in games because most games are darker and I only noticed it there so it IS the monitor what could fix it?

DwayneDays said:
I already posted how I saw it outside of games so dont be a jerk

sorry, i misread the post where you say that, as it is not very clear. there is no need to get all offensive.

right, regardless of whether you see it out of games or not, it could still be the graphics card. you have not clearly said this, even though several people have asked.

"do you see it in a screenshot or not?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom