first time gentle overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronvongogo

Fully Optimized
hello all,

I decided to try out overclocking since i`ll be upgrading my comp by the end of the year. I just want to make sure Iv done it alright lol.

here's some pics if anyone can tell me if my voltage looks fine if my ram is ok etc.

I upped the HTT from 200Mhz to 225Mhz
and upped the voltage from 1.4 to 1.425
Although not sure about the whole ram thing ram memtest for 8 hours no errors.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/baronvongogo/overclock1.png

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/baronvongogo/overclocking2.png

Also I read somewhere that overclocking can affect PCI ? unless its locked I have an n force 4 mobo and think its set to auto? does that mean its locked?

Thank you for any assistance.

are you sure that that voltage increace was necessary? you should only up the voltage when it starts to become unstable at the clocks you are setting.

do you have idle and load temperatures for it?

what other settings are there apart from auto for the PCI? if it has locked, lock it.

It was only a minor increase in voltage, and i play to upgrade so didnt see the harm. 1.40 to 1.425 wont do much damage right?

and my BIOS doesnt seem to have many settings, i can change ram timings etc, ram voltages, there is something that is PCIE voltage which is 100Mhz :S hope thats normal.

I didnt see any LDT settings..but i just want to make sure this overclock is stable. I dont plan to go nuts as my ram wouldnt allow it.

depends how far you go. but it definatly helps, yes. keep pushing it until it is unstable, and then drop back a bit and stay there, to get best results.

keep watching the CPU temps, dont let them get much above 50*C.

what was your stock clock speed, and what is it now?

~yawn~ bed time. GCSE science tomorrow.

EDIT: woo! UKer here too. lol :cool:

Well I ran prime95 for 12 hours on the torture test and no errors guess my systems ok :).

My ram was running at 166mhz and as Iv overclocked its gone up, its now at 191.7mhz the most it can handle is 200mhz with looser timings.

if i carried on OC'ing till 200mhz or a little over and loosen the timings would that be ok? or should I just leave it.

Keep on overclocking until your ram is atleast 200MHz. You should probably be able to get a bit higher than 200MHz. Try upping the ram voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom