bad colors and shadowing on screen?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradleygt

Beta member
ok, i have a 3 year old Dell Computer/Moniter with Windows ME, AGP 2.0 Video Card.

On thursday morning when i turned on the monitor, it had a funky color to it. everything was extra bright. I have tried hitting the reset button, ive done the monitor test(with the disc included @ time of purchase for the monitor) and it passes. The colors are still bad, and now i have 'shadow lines' on the screen. basically anywhere there is acharacter, there is a gray 'shadow' line.

is my video card shot, just need 'rebooting', or what? I have tried everything I know of, including restarting, running self tests, resetting all setting to factory specs, etc.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks. :)

It most likely is your monitor rather than your video card. If you have a old videocard just throw it in, and hook up the monitor to it. If it's still doing it then it's most likely your monitor. Or if it's easier for you to just hook up a different monitor to your video card then just do it that way. Which ever way is easier.

do these lines appear when starting up? when in safe mode? when in bios? if it appears only on normal window desktop then its probably software related, if it appears in the dos looking startup screen or in system bios, then its hardware and probably the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom