7950GX2's x 4 :-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
I actually just found this funny as heII. Four 7950X2's in SLI, 8 cores. I wonder what kind of PSU this would need :p

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/5814/2_x_nvidia_quad_sli_when_four_gpu_s_is_not_enough/index.html

4sli8fq.png

maaan they must get mighty toasty packing in like that. I am surprised being dual GPUs on one PCB that they do not have an external power adaptor, like that dual 7800 did...

EDIT: "OK - so we kind of lied and are merely showing off what is sitting around in our lab. If you look closely, you can see that this kind of setup is not possible but interesting nevertheless. The first set of four GPUÂ’s is unable to communicate with the second set of GPUÂ’s."

hmmmm...... :confused:

joshd said:
EDIT: "OK - so we kind of lied and are merely showing off what is sitting around in our lab. If you look closely, you can see that this kind of setup is not possible but interesting nevertheless. The first set of four GPUÂ’s is unable to communicate with the second set of GPUÂ’s."

hmmmm...... :confused:
Yeah, from what I have read they don't even have driver support for 2 of these cards in SLI yet....

I know it doesn't work, but JESUS CHRIST 8 ****ing GPUs. Can you imagine how much AA you could have and the resolution, you could run ur games at.
omgblinky3sm.gif

omgblinky3sm.gif

omgblinky3sm.gif

O_O

OMG!...that looks like a factory. Do you think we'll ever need that kind of power for the way in the future games? Like the year 2050? lol

b1gapl said:
Do you think we'll ever need that kind of power for the way in the future games? Like the year 2050? lol

i think we will, yes, i mean look at oblivion, it is pounding current hardware. (maybe not that sort of setup, but there again that isnt realeased yet is it?)

by 2050, i think we will need hardware that is MUCH more powerful then even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom