Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, cool forums here. Metali$T, I looked at that link and realized its the forum I usually go to. Thats a subforum of PROneTworks . I like that place because of all the Vista screenshots they have and other info. This place is cool also.

First off i'd like to welcome you to tech-forums :D
Yeah that websites stuff about vista is really good. Thats the first time i've ever been there i might check it out again later.

Windows Vista will be one of the most accessible operating systems that Microsoft has ever released, the company said Monday. New features for those with disabilities take into account three years of research by Microsoft, and is being led by Rob Sinclair.

Sinclair is the new director of Microsoft's Accessible Technology Group. "Developing new ways to make technology easier for people to use has always been one of my passions," he says. "I've really been pursuing the same goals throughout my career."

There is good reason for Microsoft to focus heavily on accessibility. A commissioned study by Forrester found that 57 percent of working-age computer users benefit from such technology. These features are especially helpful for those with vision, hearing and mobility problems.

http://www.betanews.com/article/MS_Vista_Most_Accessible_Windows_Ever/1149533106

warez... im counting on you for a link to get beta 2 when it comes :p

i really can't wait to see how much vista's gonna cost... when MICROSOFT releases it

Hmm yesterday when i was using vista i noticed that my cd and dvd drives were missing from the folder "computer" and in the device manager they have little ! next to them :s they did work fine the day before. I cant even update the drivers because its gives the error that its not connected or its corrupted but they are fine on XP. Sumthing that needs sorting there. I cant Install anything from cd's now :(

Yeah it does. I dont know what went wrong with my drives though as they worked fine before. I even managed to copy files onto a cd using vista. Now its just dead :(

happened to me too but with xp... its a shoot and miss for me whether or not i get a "drive B:\" as my second floppy... i dont have one, but i guess microsoft is making a recommendation

also, i put a copy of xp on a machine and it didnt detect the cd drive... just reinstalled it (via start-up)

but have you checked your BIOS for the info on the cd drive?

If Vista loses your drivers it is best to have them saved on another partition somewhere. Remeber Vista is in Beta and right now they are forceing XP Drivers to work with it. When Vista gets released it will have its own set of drivers. So the current drivers wont work and you will have to contact your device manufactorer to get drivers that will work.

tommyboy123x said:
but have you checked your BIOS for the info on the cd drive?

I know the drives work cos i still have xp as well. they are fine on that, its just vista. Just confusing how they could just stop working like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom