MAC vs. PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB mice are cheap as.....

don't underestimate Mac's. they can do a lot of things a lot better than PC's. namely, video and photo editing.

the reason PC's are more successful is compatibility

don't get me wrong, i hate macs, but still respect them for some things... one of the reasons i have a mac...

IMO, its just so annoying to use in every day activities. I was on it for about 2 hours today, and just felt it crawling every where so sluggishly...

then mac comes out with these commercials saying they're more compatible with stuff......... grreajjdagho

apokalipse said:
USB mice are cheap as.....

don't underestimate Mac's. they can do a lot of things a lot better than PC's. namely, video and photo editing.

the reason PC's are more successful is compatibility

I disagree on the photo-editing part. CS2 runs MUCH slower on my school's top-end G5's than my PC box. I can go to the bathroom while the G5 opens a TIF or RAW file, while on my PC (P4 2.53, 1gb PC2100... nothing impressive by far), large TIF files (~150megs) open within 3-5 seconds. Editing is also much smoother on my PC... the brush refresh rates are faster, the filters operate faster, and on the PC version there is a nice clean, plain and simple background for CS2. On the Mac version, the desktop shows through, as well as any other applications that are running behind Photoshop. This can be incredibly distracting while working on an image. I can put it into "full screen with menu bar" view mode, but when switching between documents, I lose that view mode.

I have not done any video editing on a mac, though, so I cannot attest to that. I hear they're good for audio editing as well, but the apps are pretty much the same, and so is the hardware. I've only edited audio on my PC box, so no comparison to a Mac with my experiences.

However, Macs do have their places. I would love a MacBook at some point as a secondary computer (well, tertiary, as I have my Hypersonic Aviator GX7 notebook as my secondary). I don't like that Macs come standard with one mouse button... especially their notebooks, as the notebook mouse isn't really an upgradable part. I have 4 buttons on my mouse, and have seen up to 8 on a mouse before... they're obviously beneficial, so why does Mac still stick to one? I can't stand the way their "Pro Mouse" actuates either---the position of the hinge feels really, really off to my hand.

Apple mice are crap. The end. There's nothing else to say about them.

If you decide to get a completely different operating system and computer based PURELY on the mouse, then you deserve what you get.

haha...

i've said it before, but i got it for other things that are made for mac / only use mac. Its come in handy, and it has some great features, but at the end of the day i still like old trusty

ironically, PC's IMO and with my experience, are more stable than macs

(experience is 2 G5s, one under 1 year old, the other about 2 years old, 1 g4, 1 original ppc; 300mhz pentium2, 800mhz amd (hp), 1.2ghz amd (2?00), 2.4ghz x2)

from an engineering pov, apples are far superior. they actually hire mechanical engineers to design the printed circuit boards (PCB's) inorder to minimize the amount of space they use. you are going to be really hard pressed to find a lighter or smaller PC laptop that can do the same thing as fast as an apple.
I cant comment about the new intel cpu's, i am going to wait for the second gen of laptops to come out before getting one.
the only companies that i know of that would come close to the size/weight to performance ratio that apple has going on would be IBM thinkpads, but the price on a think pad is way higher...
my method is to have a high power tower PC to play games on and a little apple laptop to check email, play dvd's, surf, etc. stuff u dont need a graphics monster for anyways

Crashes,virusses ,programming errors - these are just some of the problems with microsoft windows xp if your friend does not want any of those he should go with the mac.only ONE exceptoin for going for a pc is that if you are gaming and nothing but gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom