How to choose a good PDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdkiller

Baseband Member
hey i am looking for a good PDA to buy but i dont know much about them. I saw many different OS's for them but i dont know which is the best or newest. i did read some reviews about palm treo and i saw that they had faulty OS that reboots for no reason etc.

features i want are WiFi, Bluetooth, stylus, wide range of programs like dictionary and possibly hard writing recognition for note taking, a stable OS.

What you will want is a Pocket PC. They run Windows CE, which looks like XP, but is on a 5-inch screen. They do have sheduling apps, as well as Internet Explorer, Wordpad, etc.

They should be expandable and you should be able to install APPS, somehow...

i am seeing windows mobile 5 on some of the hp pocket pc's. is that the same thing? what about the processor?

also how come i dont recieve email notifications anymore? the option is ticked at every thread i start and i get no email responses.

I personally would suggest the T-mobile MDA if you are in the STATEs. That baby got what you lookn for.

-email notification is more of ur provider network issue but keep in mind if you do have email notification set up, you being billed for text message(SMS) (...few wireless providers don't charge you extra)...So to avoid the charge, once you configured the email on ur provider site and/or on the device successfully, you can set it up to retrive emails every couple of mins directly from the server instade of the email notification which could cost you extra and might not always work

-Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom