Building Gamer PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3mo

Baseband Member
I'm building a Gamer PC. It's pretty expensive...

Here is the list of what I'm bying, plz give tips about what to change or not buy. THX

Cabinet: Thermaltake Xaser Tsunami Aluminium Black w/Window
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket 939 1MB
CPU Fan: Thermaltake Blue Orb II
RAM: Crucial PC3200 BallistiX DDR 512MB x 4 = 2048MB
Graphic Crad: XFX GeForce 7900GT 520M Xtreme 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express, 520/1500Mhz
GPU Fan: Zalman VGA cooler VF900-Cu, 2 Heatpipes
Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert, FW, nForce4 SLI, Socket-939, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16 (I'm not sure about this motherboard, many have told me not to buy the expert version or to buy Asus...what should I do?)
Power Supply: Hiper Type-R 580W Blue
Hard Disk: Samsung SpinPoint P120S 250GB SATA2 8MB 7200RPM
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Mouse Surface: Func Surface 1030 Black/Black
Headset: Logitech Precision Gaming Headset
Joystick: Thrustmaster Force Feedback Joystick

Attachments

• ttt-sort_3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 75
If you're not sure in DFI, I suggest getting MSI K8N Neo4. Its also good in OCing..

Im not much familiar with your PSU. I suggest getting Antec True power. It's a more reliable brand.

Very nice selection :)

I would say just get 2x1Gb of ram so you still have 2 slots free (that way upgrading is easy).
Do you really need a joystick!? anyway i would lose that and get a better gfx card if possible.
For the mobo get either DFi or ASUS, they are both good. The latest ASUS boards i would say are the better.

Where are you from? Im guessing your from UK as your getting Hiper 580 which doesnt seem to be around anywhere else but here lol.
If your from UK where you buying from? www.scan.co.uk www.ebuyer.com and www.overclockers.co.uk are the best three websites you can buy from. Ebuyer probably cheapest although scan does a today only section and overclockers does weekly offers.

0tz said:
Im not much familiar with your PSU. I suggest getting Antec True power. It's a more reliable brand.

If you are not familiar with it doesnt mean its not good of reliable.
In the UK its probably known as the best PSU and MOST reliable lol, stick with it.

Mentali$T said:
Very nice selection :)

I would say just get 2x1Gb of ram so you still have 2 slots free (that way upgrading is easy).
Do you really need a joystick!? anyway i would lose that and get a better gfx card if possible.
For the mobo get either DFi or ASUS, they are both good. The latest ASUS boards i would say are the better.

Where are you from? Im guessing your from UK as your getting Hiper 580 which doesnt seem to be around anywhere else but here lol.
If your from UK where you buying from? www.scan.co.uk www.ebuyer.com and www.overclockers.co.uk are the best three websites you can buy from. Ebuyer probably cheapest although scan does a today only section and overclockers does weekly offers.

I'm from Norway =P Northen Europe neighbor of Sweden xD
The reason I'm buying a joystick is because i play Battlefield 2 and when use plane it's way more easy to own the air... By the way I've changed around on something. I've gone to a lower processor.

To: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket 939 1MB.

This way I got more money for my graphic card and upgraded

to: XFX GeForce 7900GT 520M Xtreme 256MB GDDR3 =D

N3mo said:
I'm from Norway =P Northen Europe neighbor of Sweden xD
The reason I'm buying a joystick is because i play Battlefield 2 and when use plane it's way more easy to own the air... By the way I've changed around on something. I've gone to a lower Processor: from AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2GHz Socket 939 1MB, to AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0GHz Socket 939 1MB. This way I got more money for my graphic card and upgraded from: XFX GeForce 7600GT 256MB GDDR3 XXX to XFX GeForce 7900GT 520M Xtreme 256MB GDDR3 =D

Ok well either way stick with that PSU they're great. Yeah thats probably the best thing to do but you have said the x2 3800 has 1mb cache it has 2 x 512mb (just to warn you if you didnt know ;)). That gfx card will be much better. You sticking with DFi?

Mentali$T said:
Ok well either way stick with that PSU they're great. Yeah thats probably the best thing to do but you have said the x2 3800 has 1mb cache it has 2 x 512mb (just to warn you if you didnt know ;)). That gfx card will be much better. You sticking with DFi?

I'm not sure, but i think so yes... But I think I'll go for the non-expert version

from: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert, FW, nForce4 SLI, Socket-939, GbLAN, PCI-Ex16

to: DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR, nForce4 SLI, Socket-939, S-ATA,GbLAN,Fw,DDR, PCI-Ex16

I dont really know the difference (except the word "expert"), but on other forums they said to me that there were som problems with the expert version...

N3mo said:
I'm not sure, but i think so yes... But I think I'll go for the non-expert version

sorry that confused me :p

Im not sure about DFi i just know a lot of people on this forum like them. If you have any doubt go with the ASUS A8N32 SLi very good board with great overclocking.

By the way when i look at your picture, it seems like we have a lot of the same taste in computer parts :D

N3mo said:
By the way when i look at your picture, it seems like we have a lot of the same taste in computer parts :D

lol yeah :D apart from my crappy gfx card i got ages ago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom