Fell off the bandwagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
cwiz said:
i'm more of the school of using the well troden technology... the conroe will probably have bugs (that i dont want to deal with). i just got a s939 setup last week cuz its works great for gaming right now.
in like 9-12 months the conroe will be old hat and AMD will counter the conroe hype with quad-core processors w/ multi core GPU's and it will be all the rave. my logic is buy what actually works today and wait till the next big thing has settled out (and gotten cheaper) to upgrade

Took your advice. Ordered a 3800+ X2, DFi NF4, 2x512 PC3500 DDR433 and a evga 7600gt!

quote:Originally posted by cwiz
i'm more of the school of using the well troden technology... the conroe will probably have bugs (that i dont want to deal with). i just got a s939 setup last week cuz its works great for gaming right now.
in like 9-12 months the conroe will be old hat and AMD will counter the conroe hype with quad-core processors w/ multi core GPU's and it will be all the rave. my logic is buy what actually works today and wait till the next big thing has settled out (and gotten cheaper) to upgrade

SHAWN said:
Took your advice. Ordered a 3800+ X2, DFi NF4, 2x512 PC3500 DDR433 and a evga 7600gt!

:rolleyes: you acually took his advice? you kidding me right? :confused: no for real you kidding me? :amazed: wow.

It will be much better than my p4 2.66 533fsb northwood with a 6600gt and ddr333! Thanks for sure. Plus the 939 is proven. AM2 is to new and flakey. I wont upgrade for 2 years probably so I feel I am straight.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom