External Hard Drive Adivce

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornell4life

Baseband Member
I'm running Parallels Desktop and my VMs take up a ton of space on my hard drive. I think I want to keep them on e 60 or 80 GB? Thanks.an external hard drive, but need a recommendation as to a relatively inexpensive one that is also reliable. Probably like 60 or 80 GB? Thanks.

I personally have never used an external hard drive, but here is a link to some on Newegg (they ship only to USA, not sure where you are at).

External Hard Drives - 20-80 Gig, 7200 RPM - $75 - $99

COMPARATIVLY, here is ALSO a list of INTERNAL hard drives. If you are able to open the PC and add a hard drive, this would be a better option, as they are cheaper, and it's one less cord in the power strip...

Internal Hard Drives - 18-80 Gig, 7200 RPM - $42 - $53

EDIT: Some of the drives have user reviews on them, just click, and it will take you to the review for that specific device.

Ethereal_Dragon said:
COMPARATIVLY, here is ALSO a list of INTERNAL hard drives. If you are able to open the PC and add a hard drive, this would be a better option, as they are cheaper, and it's one less cord in the power strip...

That too, or you can get an external enclosure to put your internal harddrive in. That's what I have done (200GB + enclosure). I got mine from TG, cause it was cheap after rebates.

What is TG? I think I actually want an external hard drive so I can back up my other files as well.

Re:

M4A1 said:
That too, or you can get an external enclosure to put your internal harddrive in. That's what I have done (200GB + enclosure). I got mine from TG, cause it was cheap after rebates.

...same here. Got an enclosure on eBay, and bought a HDD from dabs.co.uk .

Much cheaper than buying retail external hard drives...!!! And they're just the same really.

Where you from cornell? Sometimes if you check your local stores you can get a killer deal on an external drive with mail in rebates / sales. Sometimes cheaper than online....

from maryland...could probably hit up a Best Buy and see what they've got. What's an HD or HDD? Different than an external hard drive?

You might be able to find it cheaper online

I believe HDD = Hard Disk Drives and HD = Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom