thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEELERGLENN

In Runtime
i tried using thunder bird because outlook bores me but i keep getting the same error password and username is in valid and it's not. i have sbc yahoo as my isp. also even when i try using say like a email notification program get the same error does it have anything to do with outlook still trying to pull from sbc? please

Is the same error showing up for the incoming and outgoing servers? Do you use any kind of password manager that could be interfereing? I assume they have a web based mail site, can you still log in to it with the username and password?

If you are sure the password is correct then you have the pop servers wrong or you don't have the proper encryption set in the server options, Select the option ssl if available.

I think I may have had a similar problem when I was setting it up. I can't remember what I did though...oh yeah, it was the wrong password...

Anyway, make sure the settings are all exactly what they should be (in terms of security settings, proper ports, etc.). See if Yahoo has a page that tells you how to set up your mail with a separate program.

ok

i tried it again and know it said connection to the server pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com timed out? man i triple and double checked my password ?

There's a setting in Gmail that you have to activate in order to receive mail outside of the website. Is there a similar option with Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom