New Build...stick with core duo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Here it is, its a smaller case which is why ive considered the core duo. Check it out:

t2400 Cpu Core duo

Asus N4L-VM DH (comes with a HS and fan)

Aspire Q-Pack Case

WD Raptor 36gb SATA

Maxtor 200gb (already have) SATA

SB Audigy 2ZS (already have)

g80 (when its out...add it later... mobo has integrated)

2gb G.skill ddr2 667

OCZ Modstream 520w

Pioneer DVR-111D Black 16x DVD±Writer

Any suggested changes before i pick it up? Considering the case im getting...would conroe be worth the wait? Or maybe go with AM2 x2 3800+.... where i am the amd2 x2 3800 costs the same as the t2400.

Anyway all suggestions appreciated!

Thanks

Conroe will be faster but not a lot faster.

I would get a 7200RPM drive like the hitachi 7K100 (laptop).

I would look into one of the new "perpendicular" technology hdd's. I saw some benchmarks on one of them and the only hdd that beat it was a raptor, and only by small amount.

so your saying core duo is fine, and that laptop should be good but replace the hdd?

Will that laptop be able to handle new games for the next year?

nah don't replace the hdd. its fine. yea that labtop will be fine on newer games. also later you can add a stick of ram to it. really easy to do

The Merom series core Duos will be out this summer. (Laptop Conroe, basically.) Probably worth the wait.

well im probably not going to wait... so should i go desktop or laptop??

Also are there any dell laptops worth checking out? i can usually get a deal from dell as my company orders alot of stuff from them.

I would stick with a desktop if your mainly into gaming its much cheaper and the graphics are much more powerful.

Most companies, like dell, underclock the graphics to get the battery to last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom