Video Card not working with Mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzo123

Baseband Member
Ok so I got a new Video card (Radeon 9800 pro). Now when I installed the video card and got the recent drivers from the ATI website I thought I was good to go. So I open up BF2 and start to play and the game frezzes up then the screen goes black. After about 5-10 secounds of a black screen I get artifacts that come up on the screen. Then the screen goes back again and I need to restart manualy. I turned down the graphics all the way in BF2 and it works fine, No more crashing. Now while I was playing World Of Warcraft the same thing happend but turning down the graphics didn't help.

I did a little research and some people said that the video card dosen't work well with my VIA chipset (my mobo is a ASUS K8V-MX series).

Can anyone help me figure out a way to fix this crashing?

So that is the problem. I guess thats what i got to do. If anyone has any other ideas that might fix it without buying one post plz!
But it looks like ill be buying one.

They are in the High 60 degree C region somtimes 70. I'm planing to buy a new case with alot of fans hoping that will lower the temp. You think this might be causing it?

I read up on the high temps and people did say these cards run hot didn't think much after that.

Those temps are okay. I can almost garuntee you it's your motherboard. I had the same board and games would work on low settings sometimes on med depending on the game. When the game was on high it would lock up and I would see artifacts. When I had my 9600xt the game would load and the screen would go black.

Try downloading you latest chipset drivers. That might help you.

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/VIA_HyperionPro_V508A.zip

These are the right drivers for you. So download and install these and see if that helps you.

If that doesn't work your next option is to buy a new motherboard.

Thanks alot. I installed the drivers now ill wait and see if i crash in game somtime tonight. One other thing the download you gave me comes with a ISScript do I want that?

Nope didn't work only thing that changed is that the artifacts are a bit purple now instead of yellow and green.

Yeah it's your motherboard chipset. Do you have any money to upgrade and if you do let me no how much because I'll set you up with a good motherboard that will work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom