problem that can't be solved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
hello,
for about 6 months i have had 2 gigs of OCZ PERFORMANCE ram(4*512) in my lanparty ultra-d mobo. i have an A64 3700+ San Diego and it's OCed to 2.8 ghz. my multiplier is at 11 and the htt is at 255. my ram divider,however, is only set to 3/4(makes my ram 187mhz). Ever since i have had my ram, even with only 1 gig, i couldnt get the speeds past stock without it being unstable. When i got 2 gigs i couldnt even get it at 196 mhz(5/6 divider) without it freezing up while playing videos or playing a game. i recentyly got a new case and PSU(antec 550) and it hasnt solved the problem. i have tried MANY different latency configurations and still cant get the ram to at least stock settings. I ran memtest for about an hour or soo on each stick and no problems. lets say it wasnt the ram that was the problem. im thinking maybe its the mobo. what would YOU do to solve this problem? i was also wondering if i set the htt to 10x instead of 11 and changed the dividers around it would solve anything. please give your advice. thanks!

try putting the divider to 4:5, and do not touch the multiplier, you can lower it a lil, but nothign else. ur problem maybe the fact, plain and simple is that ur CPU is not a good OCer, but try 4:5 divider first

if that doesnt work then try OCing the ram, by increasing it voltage EVER so gently.

i dont have a 4:5 divider in my BIOS. should i flash to a new one? also i have fooled around with voltages. i have tried 2.6(default) and 2.7. you would think i wouldnt need extra volts because im only trying to get it to its default 200 mhz speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom