Nvidia launches dual-GPU GeForce 7950 GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Computex 2006 Nvidia has launched its anticipated 'world's fastest' desktop graphics card, the double-slot, dual-GPU GeForce 7950 GX2 which sandwiches two graphics cards together.

Each 7950 GPU has 48 pixel shaders and 16 vertex shaders and connects to 512MB of GDDR 3 for a total of 1GB of graphics memory. The board's memory bandwidth is a whopping 78.8GBps - it has a 512-bit bus clocked to 630MHz (1.26GHz effective).

nvidia_7950gx2.jpg

Nvidia said the 7950 GX2 can pump out 2bn vertices per second and fill 24bn pixels in the same timeframe. That's on its own - two of the twin-GPU boards can be connected together in SLI mode for even greater rendering horsepower, the company claimed. The 7950 GX2 uses SLI to link each of its own two GPUs.

The board supports the HDCP anti-piracy system, and its PureVideo engine is ready for HD playback, Nvidia said. The 7950 GX2's dual-link DVI connectors support flat-panel resolutions of up to 2,560 x 1,600, it added.

Nvidia said the 7950 GX2 is shipping now through its usual array of board partners, including Club 3D, Gainward and Leadteak. In the UK, the board is priced around £412 inc. VAT.

Here

Newegg has them all in stock.

if you ask me they are pretty cheap, I mean the 7800 GTX 512 edition was up there in the 700 range, even though that was somewhat sort of a collectors card

Il wait for the

7950 GX2 KO SUPERCLOCKED

How cool does that sound:cool:

Look how big that fan is on those cards. I bet that cools them sufficiently, not. Imagine having those in SLi. You'd be able to fry an egg on those things.

Look how big that fan is on those cards. I bet that cools them sufficiently, not. Imagine having those in SLi. You'd be able to fry an egg on those things.
If they where any kind of super hot Nvidia would sure as 'heck' put a bigger cooler on it. I doubt its as hot as you might think. I think its rediculous myself.

This is the third thread about them being released. :|

*Awaits what 8 series has to offer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom