MAC vs. PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROLF

Beta member
OK, so I am trying to convince my friend not to convert to apple cause they suck. He wants to buy the new MacBook with the core duo, and he thinks it's really slick, that it weighs less than all the laptops and it's not that pricey. So if you can help me out and find a nice laptop that beats the MacBook that would be great.
So few main points are:
*design (not bilky, smooth and sleek)
*fast cpu (to beat the core duo)
*weight
*price

So here's what the MACBook offers:

Processor 1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
L2 Cache 2MB
Memory 512MB
Hard drive 60GB 5400-rpm
Optical drive DVD-ROM/CD-RW
Graphics Intel GMA Shared 64MB
Display 13.3-inch
Weight 5.2 lbs
Price $1099

I think I found something but I am not exactly sure about the CPU
It's the Toshiba M55-S351 on Newegg and this is what it offers:

Processor Intel Pentium M Processor 750 (1.86GHz)
L2 Cache 2MB
Memory 512MB
Hard drive 120GB 5400rpm
Optical drive DVD±R/RW
Graphics Intel GMA Shared 128MB
Display 14-inch
Weight 4.99 lbs
Price $934.88

Thanks for your help!

LOL

I can't believe anyone would think that Toshiba is better than the Mac.

Get the Mac. Besides, it's not your money, nor is it your computer, let the guy get what he wants. The last thing you want to do is convince him to buy something he doesn't want.

Edit: And when are these people gunna get over the whole Apple hating thing? Especially when I can guarantee 60% of them have iPods.

The General said:
LOL

I can't believe anyone would think that Toshiba is better than the Mac.

Get the Mac. Besides, it's not your money, nor is it your computer, let the guy get what he wants. The last thing you want to do is convince him to buy something he doesn't want.

Edit: And when are these people gunna get over the whole Apple hating thing? Especially when I can guarantee 60% of them have iPods.

[rant]
im sorry, but i HATE apple computers. Their iPods are different... still junky, but they got the microsoft monopoly on them :p

but im not just saying this... it really bothers me when people think apples are better than PC's. Sure, their faster... but lets see... i can change attributes in a matter of seconds, how fast does it take you to move your deathly slow mouse up to the "file" and then down to "get info"? Apples are only better for people who don't understand computers. Like the apple commercials... they pray on those stupid people. i really want microsoft to come back and just have this even cooler dude be like "there you are Windows ME!! im sorry, you have to forgive him... he thinks he's the latest and best PC's have to offer....".... or osmething like that just to shut apple up.

everything that is more than just at the surface, like moving files, is INCREADIBLY hard on a mac... no, tedius is a better word. For example, trying to cut a file.... move the mouse, get the "edit", click "cut"... or use the little shortcut, but then everyone tries to use ctrl instead of the ? (apple) key. Trying to burn images... much slower with a crappy hard drive/cd drive that is increadibly hard to upgrade (on the new mainstream G5's (iMac). My PC burns and reads images in a matter of minutes... on my apple, 2 hours for a 4 gig DVD!! Just as i thought it was done... it starts "checking" the surface... i think its just quicker to burn it, test it, and if it doesnt work, reburn it! yeah, you can't change that with apple. and dont get me started on the whole "the delete key doesnt delete a file" thing.......

consistancy, one thing that people need in order to master the use of anything. Whether its navigation on a web page, something stupid (like having standard doorway sizes), or whatever! apple has NONE with their operating system... hmm... how do i install this application? well i know of about 20 different ways.

bootcamp... lets see... a computer that is less than a pc... lets make it even worse by letting ourselves be directly compared to a pc!!
Family Guy
[and joe]: your already 1/2 a [computer], and your twice as [bad] as everyone else already.. so that splits you into some kind of fraction i dont even know
ha, bad quote, but you get it
[/rant]

Apple has its advantages, and these few to me are enough to make me want to HAVE an apple (via PearPC), but i just hate them... feel free to disagree and point out errors, w/e, but i just plain hate using the apple OS.

nonetheless... if hes going to get a laptop, he should choose. I have many friends who i converted, cause they plaid my games and saw how cheap a gaming PC is...

bottom line: if hes gaming, get a PC laptop, if other, get the apple... but let him know what hes getting into

everything that is more than just at the surface, like moving files, is INCREADIBLY hard on a mac... no, tedius is a better word. For example, trying to cut a file.... move the mouse, get the "edit", click "cut"... or use the little shortcut, but then everyone tries to use ctrl instead of the ? (apple) key.
I hate macs, but even I can't deny that those are seriously POOR arguments there.

Moving crap isn't hard, nor is hitting the apple key instead of the ctrl key. Also, I don't see how a mouse is 'deathly slow' considering you can adjust the cursor speed.

its not hard.. but its just not the same as right clicking... after 3 years of mac, i was **** excited for a right click...

and increadibly hard is very reletive... compared to just right clicking, add sc to desktop or something, it takes probably 10x longer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom