SLI difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solais

Solid State Member
Was just wondering if anyone knew how big the difference it would be between 2 eVGA 7600s in SLI and 2 eVGA 7900s in SLI.

Thanks for any input.

If a single 7900GT usually beats out SLI 7600GT's. What do you think dual 7900's would do to it :)

i dont support SLI'ing in general... the diminishing return on the investment is paramount... 100% mo money for 20% mo FPS... u do the math, im lazy :p

before you sli, how about setting up a scholarship fund for innercity kids or something, u'd get more out of the money lol :D

cwiz said:
i dont support SLI'ing in general... the diminishing return on the investment is paramount... 100% mo money for 20% mo FPS... u do the math, im lazy :p

before you sli, how about setting up a scholarship fund for innercity kids or something, u'd get more out of the money lol :D

Well that is kind of dumb. Where do you get those numbers/ at like 800x600 resolution?

The fact is, if you run at 1600x1200 or higher resolutions, specifically widescreen, you can greaty beniefit from SLI. Otherwise, the gain decreases as you go lower in quality resolutions and it tends to be not as worth it.

hmm... well, though what you say about higher resolution is true... can you show me a shred of evidence that shows there isnt a steep diminishing return?

p.s. graduate highschool before you call ppl dumb! do you even know what diminishing return is?? or do u just spend your parents money on whatever you want? lol

Thanks for all the help, but I have one final question.

With an SLI-ready motherboard, can I just get 1 video card and run just that one, and then possibly buy another when I can? Or do I need 2 always.

You could buy an SLI board now and 1 of the 7900GTs or w/e your going to buy and then later on down the road buy a second gpu to run in SLI. You will just have to switch some jumpers on the mobo to enable the SLI mode.

switch jumpers??? thats only on the dfi board... all i had to do was take out my abit shadow card and put in my 2nd gpu and the bridge connector.. and BAM, SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom