FX-62 vs Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you trying to say that when you upgrade your CPU, you will go with AM2 and not conroe? :/

003 said:
Are you trying to say that when you upgrade your CPU, you will go with AM2 and not conroe? :/

It depends how the new AM2 processors that come out in the future compare to it. ;-)

AMD isn't turning over, but it is nice to see a shift of pace to keep them on their feet. I can't wait to see what's next in the 64bit line. Are the Conroes 64bit yet or is that still something Intel doesn't do? Future chips from AMD will probably kick Conroe to the curve, but we'll just have to see how long that takes.

Are the Conroes 64bit yet or is that still something Intel doesn't do?

Intel switched to 64bit awhile ago with everything except the P-M. All P-D are 64 bit and any newer P-4 is 64 bit. Conroe I am almost certain will be 64 bit. Also I pretty sure memron will be 64 bit and the first 64 bit mobile CPU Intel made (donÂ’t quote me on this I could be mistaken).

I just upgraded to my current system (which is still kinda "under construction"), so I can afford to wait a while.

Intel's new chips sound great, but let time tell the tale. In a year or so they will have the bugs out and the bells and whistles in.

Same with AMD, with both AM2 and K8L.

Or people could hitch a ride with what ever is better. ;)

I would still like AMD to get more of the market share though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom