FX-62 vs Conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I knew people would say "But it doesn't beat it by that much!!!" and totally forget that the chip that doesn't beat it by that much also costs 1/2 as much.

Alex81388 said:
Yup. A brand new technology of intel's looks nicer than the older AMD's. Just like the newer AMD's looked nicer than the old intels... whats the big deal? In a little bit it will flip back again, then back again.

I'll wait until vista comes out and people actually make cores for it at that point really.

Pentium 4's came out in 2000, Athlon 64's came out in 2003. None of the AMD fans had any problem with talking about how the new Athlon 64's owned the (the 3 year old) Pentium 4 design. Flash to 2006, Athlon 64 design is 3 years old, Intel is about to debut a new processsor technology that will perform much better than the Athlon 64. All the AMD fan boys keep complaining that you can't compare old tech to new tech, even though thats all they've been doing since 2003.

cedjunior said:
Pentium 4's came out in 2000, Athlon 64's came out in 2003. None of the AMD fans had any problem with talking about how the new Athlon 64's owned the (the 3 year old) Pentium 4 design. Flash to 2006, Athlon 64 design is 3 years old, Intel is about to debut a new processsor technology that will perform much better than the Athlon 64. All the AMD fan boys keep complaining that you can't compare old tech to new tech, even though thats all they've been doing since 2003.

I remember there being arguements about this, and the AMD fanboys saying that "Intel is using a 90nm design so it's really different. AMD is like amazing pwnage!" Either way, both companies are amazing in my opinion. I think it's hard for people to let go when the company they support starts to fall behind. Humans are very competitive, even when they aren't the ones competing.

john3 said:
i.......dont........think.........that possible.

Of course it is:)

Im a fan of a soccer team. Im being extremely competitive about my team even though Im merely watching from the stands.

Simple.:)

Lord AnthraX said:
Of course it is:)

Im a fan of a soccer team. Im being extremely competitive about my team even though Im merely watching from the stands.

Simple.:)

Exactly. People are fanboys. They pick a side, and stick by their choice even though they have NOTHING to do with them. When their side is threatened, they take the initiative to defend their side.

For example, Intel vs. AMD. Both sides have fanboys. Right now both sides are fighting about Conroe. There will be a lot of switching back and forth between sides. However, most people have nothing to do with making the processors, nor do they know that much about them.

true. im a fanboy for AMD just cuz i wanna see intel shaken around a bit, competition makes for good prices :D
Intel sat atop there throne for way too long, were starting to stagnate. if same happens to AMD mebbe ill go support IBM or something

Yeah, I knew people would say "But it doesn't beat it by that much!!!" and totally forget that the chip that doesn't beat it by that much also costs 1/2 as much.
Never denied that. I was just saying that people made it seem like it was going to be ridiculous power, like 2x better in all benchmarks and whatnot, especially after they were watching fugger push that conroe to insane limits.

Like the one dude said, it's 3 year old technology going against fresh new technology that I'm sure Intel has been working on for atleast the past 3 years now.

I didn't know enough about computers and the processor differences in 2000 or 2003. First known choice was an AMD XP-M in 2004 and I liked AMD, nothing really more than that. It was perfect timing because they had chips coming out that were newer and outperforming the older Intel technology.

My main point is simply I don't deny that Intel is on top of it's stuff right now. It's good thing though because I gotta stick with the computer I've got for a while now, so hopefully by the time that I'm ready to spend money on a brand new setup in 2-3 years, AMD will be coming out with something new and powerful.

Overall I just prefer AMD and the way they do business too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom