Watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4Life

Baseband Member
What is a good watercooling kit out there. Currently i'm looking at the new Thermaltake Bigwater 745. Ideas?

I iknow building it custom is better, but The thing im afraid about is that i will mess up with the parts, something wont fit and i will have a leak then there goes my $2200 computer...

Thermaltake is ok. I own a Big Water SE and honestly it's great. Most people on this forums frown uppon Thermaltake but I think they're ok. I would build a kit if I had an option. It's very hard to spring a leak unless your a complete moron.

AK4Life said:
What is a good watercooling kit out there. Currently i'm looking at the new Thermaltake Bigwater 745. Ideas?

I iknow building it custom is better, but The thing im afraid about is that i will mess up with the parts, something wont fit and i will have a leak then there goes my $2200 computer...

what kinda CPU do you have.

Im gona buy it when i upgrade my comp.... i'm prolly gona get a conroe, does it matter what kind of CPU i have.

And also, I am also going to buy a 8800GTX when it comes out. Will the current GPU Waterblocks work on it? i.e. MCP655

Thermaltake is ok. I own a Big Water SE and honestly it's great. Most people on this forums frown uppon Thermaltake but I think they're ok. I would build a kit if I had an option. It's very hard to spring a leak unless your a complete moron.

the BigWater cooling systems are pretty crap and there is no way around that. while they may have fixed the leaking issues it still has a useless pump and a poorly designed waterblock. there is no use swapping the pump as it would not benefit overall cooling significantly and there is no use swapping the waterblock because of the weak pump. if you were replacing both then you may as well get a new kit anyway.

the bigwater performs only slightly better than the big typhoon

dont forget that th radiator is aluminum also.....mixing metals = bad. Yes, you some additive will solve the trick but i would avoid galvanic corrosion at all cost.

If your willing to spend the $$ then the swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" is meant to be a very good kit, probarbly one of the best kits available.

nitestick said:
the BigWater cooling systems are pretty crap and there is no way around that. while they may have fixed the leaking issues it still has a useless pump and a poorly designed waterblock. there is no use swapping the pump as it would not benefit overall cooling significantly and there is no use swapping the waterblock because of the weak pump. if you were replacing both then you may as well get a new kit anyway.

the bigwater performs only slightly better than the big typhoon

Well 28*C idle in 27*C weather at 2.565GHz is pretty good.

Atleast reggie is talking from experience of using a thermaltake watercooling system. Have you tried it Nitestick? If you have then fair enough but without trying it yourself how can you put it down so harshly.

I admit the waterblock isn't the nicest and the pump is a little corny but it gets the job done. Also it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.Plus you can then brag to all your friends that you've got liquidcooling lol. It's also pretty to look at:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom