Mouse Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lembasbread

Beta member
update: it works when booting into safe mode, but after I reboot it goes back to the welcome menu with the administrator screen. I think the reason is because the driver I installed doesn't load until windows boots up. What I think I need is just a general USB driver, but I can't find one (hard to believe huh?). Can someone help?

Alright, I formatted the SATA drive, got XP Pro installed. When I loaded windows (went straight in, no welcome screen) I couldn't use my mouse or keyboard. I threw on a ps2 keyboard (i have no ps2 mouse) and I burned a cd with my usb mouse drivers from my extra computer. I installed them and lo behold, my mouse worked. I installed my graphics drivers and it required me to reboot so I did. Now it rebooted, went to the welcome screen where I see the Administrator account and no other (I don't think I made another one though) and I can't move my mouse again! I can't click the icon to load onto the account and I don't think installing windows a 7th time will help much. Any help? Please?

When I installed Windows Media Center, it worked fine, but the display looked like the classic Windows 9x for some reason. It asked for a cd I didn't have during setup and I just clicked cancel... I am considering reinstalling XP Media Center if someone could tell me how to fix that display problem. This would work well. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom