VCR to LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracer028

Baseband Member
I have a VCR with its own built in monitor. I want to record the world cup this month, but i want to play that tape on the LCD TV. Is it possible to use that small VCR TV and play it on the LCD?

The LCD TV has the Yellow video/White Right Audio jacks right?

Hook up AV cables from the back of the VCR to the LCD TV's input jack. You're good to go.

hookup_vcr_wtext.gif

you can hook up one of those, you just need LONG 3-meter AV cables, and have the TV/VCR hidden in a corner. After all, how often do people use VCR's? Everything is on DVD, and DVD recorders cost $80 each.

how would you hook up one of these to a bigger tv?

its only for temp use. i don't want to go out and buy a dvd recorder just for england matches

Purchase AV cables from an electronics store, such as Radio Shack or Best Buy. As long as you say "i need long AV cables", they will know what you mean, and point you in the right direction.

You can simply plug the Yellow, White, and Red cables into the back of the TV, and it will work excellent.

i honestly don't think that's going to work

the AV input on the VCR/TV Combo is made for the TV on the VCR combo. Its putting two inputs into one another.

Talldude, please make sure that BEFORE you suggest other users to go a purchase hardware that you cover all of the bases. In this case, you have to MAKE SURE that the TV/VCR has RCA outputs, or outputs of SOME kind. If there are NO outputs, there isn't much you can do with what you have besides watch the tapes on the smaller TV. Only other options are DVD recorder, TIVO, or get a VCR for the LCD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom