Status
Not open for further replies.

newme

Solid State Member
just want opinions from everyone

please give some reasons for the one you pick

sorry if i repost but i've made my search

Windows 2000 PRO or XP PRO.

Pointless thread me thinks as too many people will say XP. Should be changed to what version of Linux fo you prefere as it will at least be interesting.

OWN

XP Home
XP Pro
XP x64
2003 Server R2
ME <--- :(
NT 4
98SE
Suse
Vista1
Vista2
Windows CE <--testing on VM Ware

Installed

XP Pro
2003 Server R2

lol thats a nice collection there.

I got XP home, XP Pro (cant find cd key though:(), and vista beta 2 :D which i like quite a lot.

Re:

Hello,

I've tried out Windows 95, 98, 98 SE, 2000, XP...as well as Linux distributions RedHat, Fedora Core, openSuSE, Mandriva and Linspire.

Out of the Windows OSs I prefer Windows XP because of the wide support it has for hardware and software. Plus it looks better and has more features than previous versions of course.

Out of the Linux Distros I prefer OpenSuSE. I found it easier to install and use for a Linux newbie. Though those Linux distros are similar in many ways.

Out of all the Operating System I've tried out, I would have to say XP. If only open source linux distributions supported more formats, hardware and software, then I'd probably have a different opinion. But that's open source for you, and the monopolization of Microsoft :D .

Well...I guess I could buy a closed source distribution of Linux, but hey :p .

Actualy, it depends on what you want to do.
Microsoft Windows XP (If you want to play games) *Though it runs sluggish*
Novell Red Hat Linux (For Server operations)
And Any Linux OS (For C++ Aplication Development) *Except Linspire, it is a scam, they just want money for their CNR service*
Slax Linux Kill Bill Edition (If you want a Linux OS that looks awesome)
OS/2 (If you are old school LOL)
And A MAC PPC or those new Mac PC's running Mac OS 9.2+ if you want to do animation.

Okay i own:

Windows 286
Win 386
Win 1.0
Win 1.01
Win 1.02
Win 1.03
Win 1.04
Win 2.00
Win 2.03
Win 3.00
Win 3.11
Win 95 (Full, Upgrade and + versions)
Win 98 (first, SE, upgrade for both and the Plus Edition)
M$ Bob
Win 2000 (Pro, Server, Advanced Server)
Win XP (Home, Pro full and upgrade for both)
Win XP x64
Win Server 2003
Many Longhorn and Vista Builds (almost all that have been released)

Run:
XP Pro
Server 2003
Vista Build 5384.4
(Yes i tri-boot)

Of them all XP Pro has got to be the easiest to run. Vista is nice but still in Beta. Server 2003 is great but you have to be a bit more advanced to run it. I also have many Linux builds. Just dont remember them all to list them.:confused:

since i bought my computer, it came with XP Home SP2. Even with lots of memory (512MB), its slow.

I just installed XP Professional w/o service packs (pre-release?), that was bought when the first XP commercial was out, and it runs beautifully. Doesnt lag, i can use visual effects, etc.

So my favorite OS is XP Pro without service packs.

I don't think Service packs slow down XP Pro, it's all the bloatware that comes with Home. Pro is extremely slimmed down and runs much more efficiently. My favorite os is XP Pro (with sp2 of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom