new graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting, thanks, anyother cards i should consider, which are in a similar price bracket?

for agp.. i'd stick to 7800, 7600, and 6800, if you're on a tight budget, i suggest you save for one of those 3... they're top of the line agp and you definitely would not regret the wait for one of those 3 cards

wait for the G80, prices will plummet on the the single core GPUs (just my opinion... as always)

yea, agreed prices will drop, but i cant imagine so for agp, besides im gettin it off ebay

if you can get your hand on a 512mb 6800 go for it. It seems the 512mb 7800gs from gainward does some crazy good, so maybe the 6800 may very well shock you as well

Dont get any 512mb 6800 because the card cant handle that much ram. It will wind up slowing you down in the long run. If you want 512 get something in the 7*** range of cards. I suggest either a 6800GS/GT or a 7800/7600 myself. Ultras take up to much power and becaue of the added v-core they die easily. My 6800GT is gonna hit the deck soon because i flashed it and the v-core is killing it.

i got a pny 6800gt, just loaded oblivion, had the resoulotion og 1024x768, with 4x anti aliasing,

how do i display the fps in oblivion?, what should i be aiming for? just got 10599 in 3dmark03

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom