Jerkiness in some games

Status
Not open for further replies.
NosBoost300 said:
F.E.A.R still does that for me and i'm running 2 7900gt's!! i'm thinking its my 1 gig of ram holding me back.. so i've ordered my 2nd in hopes of solving that problem

FEAR does that for me to, usually when going around corners. 2GB of RAM here and still the same problem. Although I'm sure for me it has more to do with my graphics card....or the 2.8 D.

NosBoost300 said:
ya.. its beyond me... 2.6 ghz 146 and 2 7900gt's... why is this happening!

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this is ABSURD...haha. I feel your pain. I'd be furious if I spent that kind of money on such an SLI setup and it was lagging. Where's that post on bottlenecking again?? haha, jk. I'm sure somebody here will be able to help you out with some suggestions. Off the top of my head, maybe it's the loading time from your HDD? That's all I got.

16mb cache 7200 rpm is certainly not slow!!! my gig of rams coming in tomorrow so it better solve all!! or else its time for a good reformat.. (its been a while)

its weird.. cuz in fear my fps will NEVER drop below 60 fps.. yet sometimes it'll just totally skip.. and it makes me darn angry with all the money i put into this computer

I've checked it out, and I can't seem to find a place to increase the chipset voltage! I can increase CPU and RAM voltage, but not chipset. Crappy ASUS mobo! Dagnabit!

You could always do a PCB mod which is what i did. Not very hard at all id say and Nubius will back me up on that one. He was the one that told me to do it. Also on all this i think it has something to do w/ Windows. Idk why but its either Windows, Pagefiling(VR), or drivers. I doubt any of us have bottlenecking problems. I have 2gig DC ram, 3800+ X2, 7800GS Superclocked CO. Yea, no bottlenecking there.

How do I do it? And is it you can do on all motherboards? Keep in mind, since it is an older socket A mobo, that it still uses a northbridge. Is this mod the same for all mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom