CPU heatng up weird..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Gootch

TechyBurst
Ok i have been having overheating issues with my PC, its amd athlon 3200+ and i applied As5 correctly, i just re did the thermal paste yesterday. now even if i watch a flash movie,or watch like a moving
background, my cpu jumps from 55c to 62c. now, around 60c-65c my pc will either lock up or reboot, due to it reaching the max heat it can take.. But why just veiwing something so simple cause my cpu temps to rise instantly?

no not stock cooler, i put on half a BB size and took a CC and smoothed it out. Yes i cleaned it off. Its like the heatsink doesent work as if there is no heatsink on the CPU. it heats up just opening limewire =/.

That seems very strange my 3200+ stays at 26 degress on idle and 32 degress on a full load. Mybe you should look into a different heatsink or if it is possible taking your processor back and get it replaced with a new one.

try mounting it again. this time be sure you've cleaned all the old compound off with isopropyl or methylated spirits, follow the instructions to the letter on arcticsilver.com. i mean spread AS5 across the base of the HSF as they suggest and instead of spreading out the AS5 you put on the IHS, just place a half rice grain-a rice grains worth on the centre and install the HSF, allowing the HSF to spread it. i think it is possible you put contaminants in the AS5 from the cold cathode, why on earth did you use a cathode ;)?

edit: somehow i missed one of the most likely causes :p. check the cpu voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom