Computer does not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Rider

Baseband Member
I changed something in my computer's motherboard bios, the CPU Clock? from 133mhz ->250mhz, the computer restarts automatically and the screen is blank. Now everytime when I try to start the computer the moniter is just blank. Can anyone tell me if there's a way to revert back?

Go into the BIOS and change it back. If you aren't getting any video at all, then remove the computer case, remove the CMOS battery and then put the battery back in after 30 seconds or so. My advise is, goto the Overclocking section before you try it again... ;)

-Mike

There's no video at all. I would try to remove the CMOS battery, except I have no idea what it looks like :rolleyes: I'm stupid I know.

Ok....turn off your computer, unplug it.....after you unplug it press the power button in to release any static electricity.
Remove the case, and look for a battery on the motherboard. The battery will look similar to a battery for a camera....or a wristwatch.

=)

Man, I didn't even know that.

These guys on here are so much help, lol.

Sometimes it helps to have PC geeks. Naw, j/k guys XD

No worries. It's more fun for a person after they admit that he/she is a geek. Sometimes....that's just the way it is.

;)

-Mike

lol :)

Ya, Im just 14 (ok, so i admit it!)

And for my age i have a pretty decent PC knowledge.

I know how to put in Video Cards, Motherboards, RAM, I know how to access the BIOS and get things to work correctly, I know how to do certain things like that, so I guess it isnt too bad for a 14 year old.

But it will probabl take a while to learn everything that you guys know!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom