Status
Not open for further replies.

wiouxev

In Runtime
Dell 20" widescreen monitor

or

Acer Ferrari F20 monitor

??

this is impossible choice now, I had dell picked out when the 20" was 360, now its back off sale... i thought I had pinned a monitor to finally get, now its anything now...

I'd go with Dell. Dell makes bery good monitors. Acer is crap with poor craftsmanship. Dell for sure.

Acer is poor quality, very cheaply made, and tend to be unreliable. I would totally recommend Dell 100% here. Their monitors are actually very nice.

The problem with the Acer is your paying for Ferrari to be on it. Its not even liken having a Ferrari badge on it is cool.

"Dude, where's you Ferrari!" - couldn't resist.

UA_Iron said:
Saying "all Acers are crap" is a faulty argument - especially when neither of the two reviewers have owned the specific item you wanted opinions on.
Have you ever owned an Acer?

Never owned one myself, true, but I work with Acer computers on a daily basis and they are built poorly with low end components. I'd say about 1/5 of them have something wrong with them right out of the box. Typically this is either various led lights not working, the mouse being broken, or the hard drive broken. As for their monitors, they have a cheap look/feel to them and are manufactured much the same way as their desktops and laptops are. Also keep in mind that reviewers have played around with a product for 1-4 weeks, not months or years when problems and issues occur. For the 1.5 years that my store has carried Acer I've had consistent problems with them and I cannot recommend any of their products to people es[ecially when it's not hard to find something better for about the same price.

jorsoft03 said:
Have you ever owned an Acer?

Never owned one myself, true, but I work with Acer computers on a daily basis and they are built poorly with low end components. I'd say about 1/5 of them have something wrong with them right out of the box. Typically this is either various led lights not working, the mouse being broken, or the hard drive broken. As for their monitors, they have a cheap look/feel to them and are manufactured much the same way as their desktops and laptops are. Also keep in mind that reviewers have played around with a product for 1-4 weeks, not months or years when problems and issues occur. For the 1.5 years that my store has carried Acer I've had consistent problems with them and I cannot recommend any of their products to people es[ecially when it's not hard to find something better for about the same price.

I have not owned an Acer. So I cannot speak for this product either way - just wanted to give my input.

But maybe in the long run we will find out that the ferrari insignia is very fitting: Very expensive, high maintenance, looks pretty, and not the best bang for the buck?

with that kind of money.. why don't you go for the 20 inche widescreen lg... blow them both out the water... 1400:1, i'm looking into investing into one of those myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom