couple questions about vid. card

Status
Not open for further replies.

molsen

Do work.
I am planning on upgrading to the 7600gt sometime this summer, and was wondering a couple things:

a) is the difference from a 6600gt alot?
b) will my PSU (Fortron 400w) be adequate or should I upgrade to the 450w or 500w?

no you don't need a new psu, people always think you need more than you do. your comp shouldn't need more than 350w right now so save some money and just get the card

I would say you'll be fine with your current psu. If you upgrade the cxard and start having power-related problems then I'd consider a new one.
The 7600gt is significantly better than your 6600gt in terms of just specs alone. Actual benchmarks are also very impressive for such a moderately priced card. Checks Tom's hardware for their video charts, I think they included the 6600gt in their latest one.

Check PSU on here and add 50 or so watts to the end result.

And, I personally would hold out for the 8 series/R600. The 6600gt is no way a bad card. It may need a few medium settings on the newest games.

if you wait till the G80 comes out, the 7900GT will probably drop into your price range... but thats at least a few months :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom